1) Open the Start Menu
2) Click Settings
3) Click Apps
4) Click on FxSound
5. Click Uninstall
Some users experience issues when trying to uninstall. Try the following troubleshooting steps if that is the case for you.
1) Restart your computer
Click here for instructions on how to install.
Click here for the link to download.
3) Restart your computer
4) Uninstall FxSound
Follow the instructions above if you need help uninstalling.
Additional Troubleshooting Steps
Apologies for this problem. If you're still having issues, here are some steps for a manual uninstall. Note that these instructions are for Windows 10 and may have become outdated after an update.
1) Right click the sound icon on your taskbar
2) Open Sound Settings
3) Click Manage sound devices
4) Click on DFX Speakers and disable it
5) Navigate to file explorer
6) Navigate to (C:) Folder
7) Navigate to Program Files (x86)
8) Delete DFX Folder
Re-enabling MSI Files to Uninstall
It's possible the MSI files required for uninstallation could have gotten accidentally deleted.
1) Open the Command Prompt in Windows
2) Follow the prompts in this short video: